Psychology Self-Help Resources on the Internet
As of 2017 I am no longer updating the links on these pages. At the top of each page I have put links to relevant sections of my online introductory textbook, if I wrote about the issue. If not, the page will simply recommend regular Google searches for therapy or self-help, Google Scholar searches for journal articles.
- Abuse -- Physical and Sexual
- ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) and ADHD
- Addiction, all types.
- Adolescent behavior problems. See also Family Issues and Relationship Issues.
- Adoption -- psychological issues
- Advocacy for Consumers of Psychological and Psychiatric Services
- Aging -- psychological issues for the aged and for caretakers
- Alzheimers -- Alzheimer's Disease and Senile Dementias
- Anxiety -- Non-specific anxiety syndromes and social anxiety See also Body Dysmorphic Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Panic Attacks, Phobias, Stress and Trauma, and Trichotillomania
- Autism, Asperger's Syndrome, and Hyperlexia
- Bipolar Disorder ("Manic-Depression")
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Borderline Personality disorder
- Childhood Behavior Problems. See also Adolescent behavior problems and Family Issues
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Communication Disorders, Dyslexia, Hyperlexia
- Death & Dying See also Suicide Threats and Behavior
- Depression See also Bipolar Disorder
- Down Syndrome
- Eating Disorders including obesity, anorexia, bulimia
- Family Issues (See also Relationship Problems for issues involving couples.)
- Genetic Disorders other than Down Syndrome: Angelman Syndrome, Fragile X, Prader-Willi Syndrome, Others
- Learning Disorders
- Multiple Personality (Dissociative Identity Disorder)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Online Therapy, Counseling, and Emotional Support
- Pain (Chronic Pain Syndrome)
- Panic Attacks
- Personality Disorders (Borderline, Narcissistic, Paranoid, etc.
- Phobias and Irrational Fears
- Psychotherapy Consumer Information
- Relationship problems (Crushes, Dating, Marriage)
- Sexual Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Stress and Trauma
- Substance Abuse and Chemical Dependency
- Suicide Threats and Behavior See also Death and Dying.
- Trichotillomania: The Hairpulling Disorder
- Violent Behavior
Write to Dr. Dewey at email@example.com.
Back to Psych Web Home Page
...or.... Top of this file.
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.