Adolescent Behavior Problems
See also Family Issues and Relationship Issues and Violence.
- A Parent's Guide to Surviving Adolescence Practical advice from KidsHealth.org
- Adolescent Behavior Problems Online brochure from the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Antecedents of Personality Disorders in Young Adults From Psychiatric Times
- Body Piercings - Should Parents Be On Pins and Needles? By Maggie Fox
Health and Science Correspondent (Reuters)
- Depression Rx for Teens No Longer 'Hit or Miss'? By Pauline Anderson
The Medical Post, February 20, 1996
- Guidelines for Clinicians Working with Gifted, Suicidal Adolescents From Psychiatric Times
- High Risk Youth by Herbert G. Lingren. "Defines the relationship between adolescence and high risk behaviors, helps parent and adolescent identify external and internal assets and suggests parent strategies for promoting and increasing those assets"
- Mental Health Resources for Adolescents "This collection of electronic resources is intended for parents, educators, researchers, health practitioners, and teens."
- Music Videos Promote Adolescent Aggression From the Harvard University Gazette
- Solutions to Oppositional Defiant Disorder by Marilyn Adams, LMFT
- Study Shows Strong Relationship Between Adolescent Behavior Problems and Alcohol Use Interesting article from planetpsych.com...but see the comment a few links above (about correlation and causation). What causes what, or do other variables cause both behavior problems and alcohol use?
- Study: Stereotypes of troublemaking kids off the mark CNN article about National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health in 2000. "Poor school performance, unsupervised time" were strongest predictors of trouble, not race, income, or having a single parent
- Understanding Adolescent Problem Behavior by David W. Andrews, Ph.D., The Ohio State University. Makes the case for early intervention
- Use of Counseling by Pregnant or Postpartum Teens From Psychiatric Times
Write to Dr. Dewey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to Psych Web Home Page ...or.... Top of this file.
Don't see what you need? Psych Web has over 1,000 pages, so it may be elsewhere on the site. Do a site-specific Google search using the box below.